The survey was conducted during the summer of 2003 using a representative sample of residents aged 12 and older from the nine communities in Iiyiyiu Aschii: Chisasibi, Eastmain, Mistissini, Nemaska, Oujé- Bougoumou, Waskaganish, Waswanipi, Wemindji, and Whapmagoostui.
- During a twelve-month period, 10% of the region's residents sustained an injury which limited their normal activities.
- Every year, more than 1,000 persons 12 years of age or older sustain at least one injury which limits their activities.
- Men and young persons constitute the groups reporting the greatest number of injuries.
- The region of Iiyiyiu Aschii does not differ from the rest of Quebec as to the prevalence of reported injuries.
- Sprains, wrenches, and fractures are...